Welcome to Jeremy Strong Class, which is made up of 30 Year 4 children. Our class teacher is Miss Barrett and our teaching assistants are Mrs Styring, Mrs Kinderman and Mrs Ashton.
On our class webpage you will find lots of useful information and updates, so please take a look. As well as our class webpage, updates and photos will also be posted on Class Dojo regularly.
- Monday 6th June - Jubilee Day (off school)
- Tuesday 7th June - Back to school
- Wednesday 8th June - Year 4 residential photo night after school 3:30pm in the year 4 corridor/classrooms
- w/c 20th June - Celebration week and National Sports Week
- Wednesday 29th June - Morning swap to Year 5 classes
- Friday 8th July - Inset Day
- Wednesday 13th July - Meet the teacher after school
- Friday 15th July - Sports Day (KS2 1:15 till 3:15pm) and Reports sent home today
- Wednesday 20th July - Parent drop in regarding reports after school
- Friday 22nd July - Last Day, Break up for the Summer
- Our PE days are Tuesday (from the w/c 27th June this will be our Forest School Day) and Wednesday.
On PE days, children are asked to wear their school PE kit to school. Please note that the school PE uniform is changing from September to a plain red t-shirt with or without the school logo, plain black sports jacket/zip-up jacket and plain black or navy joggers/shorts.
This half-term we will be covering:
- Geography: Fieldwork/Local study
- Science: Electricity
- RE: Why do some people think that life is a jounrey and what significant experiecnes mark this?
- PSCHE: Being safe
- DT: Electrical systems
- PE: Cricket, Some Football and Forest School
- Spanish: Consolidating our learning along with Spanish Culture
- Music: How does music connect us with the environment?
- Computing: Coding
Each Friday one of the following activities will be set online:
- My Maths
- TT Rockstars
Each activity will be set for the children to complete by the following Friday. Alongside these activities, we ask that the children read to an adult 3 times each week and have their planners signed to be awarded a merit.
Spelling lists of 10 spellings, following a set rule, will be given out each week and the children will stick them in their school diaries/planners to learn by the following week. One way of learning their spellings can be using their Spelling Shed account.
Spellings to be tested on:
Friday 1st July Statutory words