Welcome to Jeremy Strong Class, which is made up of 30 Year 4 children. Our class teacher is Miss Barrett and our teaching assistants are Mrs Styring, Mrs Kinderman and Mrs Ashton.
On our class webpage you will find lots of useful information and updates, so please take a look. As well as our class webpage, updates and photos will also be posted on Class Dojo regularly.
- Monday 10th January - Back to school
- w/c 7th February - Children's Mental Health Week with Dress to Express day on the Wednesday
- Friday 18th February - Break up for half-term
- Our PE days are Tuesday (Outdoor) and Friday (Indoor).
On PE days, children are asked to wear their school PE kit to school. Please note that the school PE uniform is changing from September to a plain red t-shirt with or without the school logo, plain black sports jacket/zip-up jacket and plain black or navy joggers/shorts.
This half-term we will be covering:
- History: The Viking
- Science: States of Matter (The Water Cycle)
- RE: Why are festivals important to religious communities?
- PSCHE: Changes
- Art: Marbling
- PE: Hockey (with outside providers) and Rhythmic Gymnastics
- Spanish: Animals
- Music: How does Music make the world a better place?
- Computing: Powerpoint Presentations
Each Friday one of the following activities will be set online:
- My Maths
- TT Rockstars
Each activity will be set for the children to complete by the following Friday. Alongside these activities, we ask that the children read to an adult 3 times each week and have their planners signed to be awarded a merit.
Spelling lists of 10 spellings, following a set rule, will be given out each week and the children will stick them in their school diaries/planners to learn by the following week. One way of learning their spellings can be using their Spelling Shed account.
Spellings to be tested on:
Friday 14th January - Suffix -sion (last list of the Autumn 2 spellings)
Friday 21st January - Suffix -ous
Friday 28th January - Statutory Words List 5