Thank you for your patience as we develop our plans for opening. At the present time we are working with the guidelines. If however there is any change in these guidelines or timescales we will keep you informed. At all times we are working to make this a positive return but know that some parents do not feel it is appropriate at the current time to send their children in to school. There is no judgement on this as you need to do what is best for your child and your family circumstances at this time. We recognise that you are being asked to make decisions in circumstances which are unprecedented and so are we, but I do believe that by working together as a community we will make the right choices for our children.
Please find below some answers to the questions we received on the year EYFS, Year 6 and year 1 survey for your information. We are sharing this with the whole school community so that you all have some information even though this may not apply to your child just yet.
If you have a child in one of these year groups and have not completed the survey please do so in the next hour or we will assume you are not sending your child back at this time. Please ring the school if you have any further questions which need to be answered to support your decision.
- We will be operating a 1 way system around school and have markers on the floor to show distances required.
- Play times will be split with bubbles playing in set areas supervised by their teachers. Games will support social distancing.
- Teachers will allocate children to their bubbles in mixed groups (as usual). We will endeavour to keep siblings in the same weeks and accommodate friendship groupings as much as possible.
- Your child will stay in one bubble. Key worker children will remain in their own group and not in their class group unless you have chosen for them to attend on a 2 weekly basis instead.
- Children will be allowed to join their class group bubble at a later date. However we do not know what changes we may be required to make moving forward so cannot assume it will be the same rota or system that they will return to. This plan is for these year groups only.
- Your child's teacher will tell you which week your child is in and the drop off and pick up times.
- Drop off and pick up will be staggered between 8.30 and 3.30. Your allocated slot must be strictly adhered to and parents must socially distance at all times.
- Children will be expected to socially distance within their bubbles at all times as much as possible.
- Children will be sat at their own table throughout the week when in their classroom space with appropriate spacing.
- PPE will not be worn except for first aid. This is following guidance (See below).
- We will keep this rota the same regardless of numbers for the time being to support parent's decisions and reduce confusion as we believe it will need to change again at some point anyway.
- Twins will be in the same class bubble.
- Children will wear uniform but should wear trainers ( If any year 6 children have out grown their uniform please contact me).
- Children should bring their own named water bottle which will stay on their table all week.
- Packed lunches / snacks should be bought in a disposable bag.
- Staff will abide by social distance guidelines with adults and children.
- If at any time we receive evidence that a family is not adhering to the social distance guidance outside of school we may withdraw their child's place within school for the safety of all concerned.
This will be a very different space that the children are required to work within and you are best placed to decide if this is right for your child's well being. However it will not be a 'stark' environment and we will, as always make your child's time in school as happy and reassuring as possible.