A fantastic week here at Dovedale starting with the PTA meeting on Monday. Our PTA work really hard to ensure our children get extra opportunities and we are grateful for their time and enthusiasm.
On Tuesday the children were treated to a Diwali assembly delivered by Erewash Community arts and the year 3 children spent the morning learning a Diwali dance. This was a great addition to our assembly focus for this week on Diversity and Equality.
On Thursday our year 4 children represented the school opening the Ilkeston Charter fair; as a school we have participated in many community activities and were chosen for this event because of our commitment to the local community and the arts in Erewash. We are proud that these achievements continue to be recognised.
Thursday was also the day for our cross country partcipants to take part in the Erewash School's sports partnership event at Wilsthorpe. There were representatives from each class with Ethan in year 4 coming 2nd in his race! Well done Ethan! The children did a brilliant job of representing the school.
After school on Thursday we welcomed 7 children from Shardlow Primary school to meet up with the Dovedale children who will be going to China in the Spring term. This exchange is the continuation of our commitment to ensure our children have wider global opportunities and we hope that it will be the first of many exchanges.
Parents in year 1 and EYFS were invited in to school this week to learn about phonics, an important part of the early curriculum. The event was well received.
- Our assembly theme next week is resilience.
- On Tuesday morning we have our parent's forum where parents are welcome to come in to school for a cup of tea and a chat. These are really important informal meetings where parents can share their thoughts, ideas or concerns. Mrs Tomlinson hosts this meeting and the actions from the meetings can be found under the parents tab - parent's forum, it does make a difference. We really do value your input and hope as many of you attend as possible.
- After school on Tuesday it is the new reception children's welcome party organised by the PTA and Thursday sees the Spooky disco.
- After school on Wednesday there will be a cake sale.
- Japan's class assembly is next Thursday morning.
- Don't forget Friday is INSET day and the school will be closed to children. Dovedale staff will be based at Sawley Junior school on this day for joint academy training.
- We hope you have a lovely weekend.