Happy Monday all,
Please find a breakdown of today's learning below.
English - Writing a narrative/story. Look at the picture stimulus' below and decide which one you would like to write a story about. Discuss the picture in detail, thinking about the following:
1. What can you see? (characters)
2. Where are the characters? (setting)
3. What are the characters doing in that particular setting? (detail)
4. What goes wrong/happens? (problem)
5. How is the problem fixed? (resolution)
6. How does the story end? (feelings and emotions)
Thinking about the ideas from your plan, can you write your own story? Remember to use description for both characters and the setting and try and include some speech.
Phonics - Use Acorn Adventure on Phonics Play to engage with alternative pronunciations of the 'u' grapheme. Read words plug, hump, but, gust, under, unit, unicorn, music, tuba, stupid, pull, bull, pudding, full, awful and then begin sorting them based on the sound they make.
Maths - Put your place value knowledge to the test by engaging with the two mini assessments.
RE - Explore how Hindu's show their faith to through aarti and bhajans. Research what is meant by these two traditions and write a detailed paragraph about the role of these traditions within Hinduism.