Each week we will provide activities consisting of:
- English activities – one of which will be reading comprehension, one SPAG.com, one hand-writing and two writing tasks.
- Maths activities – one of which will be My Maths, one times tables activity and three place value / number tasks.
- Other curriculum areas – five tasks in total per week, across Science, History, Geography, Art/DT and PE.
We have tried to match these activities as closely as possible to what we would be doing in school. Please note that resources provided are intended for viewing online and do not need to be printed off.
We also ask that the children continue to:
- Read as often as possible – please update their reading diary as usual when this takes place.
- Practise spellings on Spelling Shed.
- Lexia – if this is applicable to your child.
Other online resources to try:
- Phonics Play – if your child did not reach the pass mark in the Year 1 Screening Check, then this is an excellent resource to practise with at home. If you are not sure of this applies to your child, please message me and I will be able to let you know and also provide further information regarding which specific resources are applicable for your child.
- Letters and Sounds daily phonics lessons are available on You Tube. Please see the document below for full details.
- Audible - there are currently a wide range of children's texts which are free of charge: https://stories.audible.com/. The children could choose something related to our new topic, or perhaps a classic novel - hopefully keeping them entertained and giving you a break for a while!
- ThinkUKnow - Online Safety. This page has been created to support parents during Covid-19 and the closure of schools. Each fortnight, they will be releasing new home activity packs with simple 15 minute activities you can do with your child to support their online safety at home. This page includes all packs for children aged 5-7: https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Support-tools/home-activity-worksheets/5-7s.