What is Bikeability?
If your child is in Year 4, 5 or 6 they have the opportunity to take part in Bikeability cycle training this academic year (2021-2022).
Bikeability is the government's national cycle training programme. It helps you learn practical skills and understanding of how to cycle on today's roads. Bikeability gives everyone the confidence to cycle and enjoy this skill for life. Find out more at: www.bikeability.org.uk
Erewash School Sports Partnership (ESSP) run our Bikeability sessions in school and would like you to complete the following consent form. Once we have confirmed numbers with ESSP, we will be able to book sessions and let you know when these will run during the school year.
The Consent Forms
We are asking for the consent forms to be sent in to school by Friday 8th October 2021. Where possible, please may they be sent electronically to Miss Barrett by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (this may include scans or photos of the consent form as well). If you are unable to send electronically, please send into your class teacher. You can always ask them for a paper copy of the consent form too.
Unfortunately, if you send the consent form back after Friday 8th October we can not guarantee you will be able to gain a space on the Bikeability courses this academic year.
Which Bikeability Level's will my child take part in?
When you have handed in the consent form and gained a place to take part in Bikeability, these are the levels your child will be offered to take part in this year.
Year 4 (Jeremy Strong and Michael Morpurgo Class)
- The children will take part in Level 1.
The Level 1 course is half a day training on our school playground. This course will either run during the Autumn or Spring Term.
Year 5 (Malorie Blackman and JK Rowling Class)
- If you passed Level 1 in Year 4, you will have the opportunity to take part in Level 2 this year.
- If you did not take part last year or didn't pass Level 1 you have the opportunity to take part in Level 1 and Level 2 this year (Level 1 will need to be passed first before taking part in Level 2).
The Level 2 course is a full day of training on our school playground and roads. This course will either run during the Autumn or Spring Term.
Year 6 (CS Lewis and Beverley Naidoo Class)
- If you have previously passed Level 1 and Level 2, you will have the opportunity to take part in Level 3 this year.
- If you have passed Level 1 but not Level 2, you will have the opportunity to take part in Level 2 and Level 3 this year (Level 2 will need to be passed first before taking part in Level 2).
- If you have not taken part in Bikeability before, you have the opportunity to take part in Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 this year (as long as you pass each Level to pass onto the next one).
The Level 3 course is a full day of training which will involve the children going out onto the main roads. This course will run during the Summer Term.