Parents Forum News 14/11/18
Thank you to those who attended our recent Parents Forum. It was lovely to see some new faces too.
The cakes went down very well! (Thank you to Mrs Bird)
- Parents asked for any changes in school meals to be continued to be texted out to them. Our cook and secretaries are more than happy to continue with this.
- Some parents were concerned that their class pages on the website hadn’t been updated recently and said it would be useful to have the spelling lists on them as well. This has been actioned and all spelling lists to be added if not already on.
- Parents commented how lovely the Poppy display is and how the whole school worked together to create something so wonderful and memorable for the children.
- To carry on putting as many letters as possible on the website for parents to have easier access and to continue to give as much notice as possible about trips, residentials, special days etc.
- Some parents queried the consistency of merit stickers across the classes towards children gaining their bronze, silver and gold certificates etc. A non-negotiables list has now been devised from EYFS up to Year 6 to include age/work appropriate reasons for rewarding a sticker plus teachers using their own professional judgement when they feel they are deserved. We all know how much praise and reward motivates.
- EYFS parents commented how they liked the full days in September for their children starting school instead of half days as it was a lot easier for working parents.
- Junior parents asked for planners and dojos to be used more in some classes to provide consistency across year groups. This has been reminded at a staff briefing by Mrs Houseman.
- An idea was also suggested about putting the guidance information for schools on infection control/illnesses onto our website for all parents to be able to refer to if their child is ill. You can now find a link to this on our website under the useful links section under the Parents tab.
As you can see this was a very productive meeting and we value your input.
Mrs Louise Tomlinson
Next Parent Forum will be in the Spring Term. Date to be confirmed.